Placement: Tobo / Tierp (in between Uppsala and Gävle)
As a Chemist in Munters Materials Science R&D team, you will be a part of the development of advanced materials that are the heart of Munter’s core technologies for air dehumidification, carbon capture, VOC abatement and evaporative cooling. Our team comprises members in Tobo (Sweden), Amesbury (USA), and Monterrey (Mexico). Although the position is based in Tobo, the work involves close collaboration with colleagues from other locations.
Munters is a global leader in energy efficient air treatment and climate solutions. Using innovative technologies, Munters creates the perfect climate for customers in a wide range of industries. Their aim is to help secure the customers perfect climate, maintaining the efficiency of their equipment and ensuring uninterrupted, fault-free production. Munters has been defining the future of air treatment since 1955. Today, around 3,940 employees carry out manufacturing and sales in more than 30 countries. Munters Group AB reported annual net sales of more than SEK 7 billion in 2019 and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, please visit www.munters.com or watch their video: Your perfect climate
Your work assignments
Together with other chemists and engineers, you carry out chemical development- and optimization work with the main focus on advanced microporous absorbents. Together with colleagues, you run early Research & Technology projects to develop the materials and technology of the future, as well as implementing in product development projects. In the laboratory, you will conduct chemical synthesis and analysis as well as thermodynamic characterization. You look for inspiration in the scientific literature and by visiting ”scientific conferences. You are actively looking for collaborations with universities and companies. As you work very close to production, you will also be involved in, for example, investment projects for new production equipment, scale-up trials, and problem solving in the event of production disruptions.
For this role, we are looking for someone who, through education and previous work, has solid knowledge in chemical development and materials science. You are creative and have an ability and desire to find innovative solutions. You enjoy working in a laboratory and have a structured and analytical way of working.
To succeed in the role of chemist with us, we believe you have:
– A masters degree or a PhD in chemistry or materials science
– A couple of years of experience in similar laboratory work
– Strong competence in chemical reactions and process safety
– Experience in obtaining information from the scientific literature
– Experience in designing experimental series
– Experience of documenting work in technical reports
– Experience from LCA (life-cycle-assessment) is a meritorious
– Very Good knowledge in English, both written and spoken.
– basic knowledge in Swedish is an advantage
– Furthermore, we see it as highly meritorious if you have experience of working with porous materials (such as Metal Organic Frameworks, zeolites, silica) as well as knowledge in thermodynamic characterization of sorption processes.
Information and application
In this recruitment process we are working with EnHunt. For further information about the position you are welcome to contact Kim Johansson on email@example.com, or +46 70 917 15 31. Welcome with your application as soon as possible.